To provide knowledge about the theoretical peculiarities of business finances, to develop students’ skills analysing and forecasting business corporate finances and personal finances, to assess financial decisions applying the money time value methods. Having studied the subject students will gain specific knowledge about finance concepts; will know financial resource formation sources, will gain skills on methods of money value over time in the decision making and financial decision basement, will understand the assessment methods of financial decision results, will be able to assess financial – economic processes in a company as well as the impact of possible risk factors on business results.
1. The Financial Environment.
2. Money and the Monetary System.
3. Banks and Other Financial Institutions.
4. Federal Reserve System.
5. Policy Makers and the Money Supply.
6. International Finance and Trade.
7. Savings and Investment Process.
8. Interest Rates.
9. Time Value of Money.
10. Bonds and Stocks: Characteristics and Valuations.
11. Securities Markets.
12. Financial Return and Risk Concepts.
13. Business Organization and Financial Data.
14. Financial Analysis and Long-Term Financial Planning.
15. Managing Working Capital.
16. Short-Term Business Financing.
17. Capital Budgeting Analysis.
18. Capital Structure and the Cost of Capital.