After completing this course, students should be able to:
– understand the nature of financial statements
– understand the general purpose, role and benefits of financial analysis
– calculate financial ratios
– understand the influence of the risk on business
– apply the various forms of evaluating investment opportunities
– identify the key features, benefits and use of the main forms of financing the business
1. Introduction to finance.
2. The role and enviroment of finance.
3. Financial statements – an overview.
4. The Balance Sheet.
5. Income Statement and Statement of Stockholders’ Equity.
6. Statement of Cash Flows.
7. A Guide to Earnings and Financial Reporting Quality.
8. Introduction to the Analysis of Financial Statements.
9. The Liquidity Ratios.
10. The Activity Ratios.
11. The Leverage Ratios.
12. The Profitability and Market Ratios.
13. Comparing the data.
14. Capital Budgeting Techniques.