Definition of manager, separation of ownership and management, levels of managements, manager competencies, roles and responsibilities of manager, management functions, clauses in management agreements, contractual liability, liability in tort, tax liability, employee and workplace liability, limitation of liability, management liability insurance.
1. Management as a profession.
2. Managerial skills and competencies in the knowledge economy.
3. Leader vs. manager – gaining new perspectives on leadership.
4. Manager employment contract – types of contracts, clauses in employment agreements.
5. Body of directors as a governing body of a corporation – duties and liabilities.
6. Conflicts of interest and resolution of disputes between managers and shareholders.
7. Managerial ethics vs. fraud, bribery and managerial corruption.
8. Manager as an employer – legal duties. Type of employer non-compliance.
9. Manager as an employer – workplace mobbing and discrimination.
10. Final presentations of students.